5 Things to Know About Real Estate This Month
Sellers still have great opportunity, even as we move into the holidays. Snowbirds are heading south which is good for sellers in warmer climates. Northern sellers still have time to prepare ahead by having their agent take marketing photos before the snow falls. Be ready to list in late January/early February, while everyone else is waiting for the thaw!
- November is the first month in quite a while where we see an increase in new listings over the year prior. This signals that more sellers are entering the market, which likely will balance prices as additional sellers compete for buyers in the spring.
- We are seeing a slight increase in days on market, which is typical for the fall, yet even in October– which is typically a slower month for housing–homes continued to sell faster than the fastest month in any previous year. No question, it is a great time to sell.
- All sources predict a strong finish to the year. Overall, economists indicate 2021 could finish with a year over year increase of 4.7% which is higher than an earlier prediction of 3.3%.
- Prepare wisely and don’t rely on web data for your true home value information.
- The Moving Made Easy® program can help you take full advantage of this hot market. Simply ask your senior community to connect you for information, advice and a no-obligation home valuation.